As part of Stormwater Poland 2021, we have prepared
5 thematically mixed sessions, divided into 2 conference days and a workshop day.
Monday, 21 June 2021
Effective risk management in investment projects in rainwater infrastructure
Proper risk management is one of the key success factors of an investment project. The workshop will be devoted to all aspects related to risk management in investment projects in rainwater infrastructure – from identifying and assessing key risks, through determining the impact and probability of undesirable events, to identifying mitigating actions and various forms of risk transfer. Examples of risks occurring at different stages of the investment process will also be discussed. The workshop will be conducted on the basis of group work and exchange of experiences between participants and moderated by experienced managers.
Rainwater management in relation to the adaptation of cities to climate change
The topics discussed during the workshop will cover topics selected from the list below. The final scope of the workshops will be the result of identifying the needs reported by cities and municipalities belonging to GZM.
– Adaptation to climate change in the area of rainwater
– Introduction to the subject of rainfall, rainfall data, rainfall atlas
– Causes of problems in the current state: drought, flooding
– Rainwater as a valuable resource: spatial planning and green-blue infrastructure
– Rainwater in water law, charges for rainwater to PGW Woda Polskie
– Investment planning and design: system expansion and retention
– Monitoring of systems and the possibility of using the local network of rain gauges
– Guidelines for the sustainable maintenance of urban watercourses
– A modern approach to determining the conditions of rainwater collection
– Financing from EU funds and Norwegian funds
Shaping blue and green infrastructure in cities
Drought. Floods. More green. Microclimate. Limiting heat islands. Dust reduction. A friendly city. Recreation. Rest. Landscape. Biodiversity. Can green and blue infrastructure be a response to the challenges of shaping inhabitants-friendly cities, where one can live and work well? How to build a rain garden? Is social participation valuable? What can local government do? How to achieve the scale of activities? How to promote and finance them?
We invite you to the workshop conducted jointly by specialists and practitioners from Fundacji Sendzimira and RetencjaPL.